Here’s a recap of the February 18, 2018 meeting:
- In attendance was Dieter, Gregg, Doug, Matt, Tin, Colin, Pete and Ken; absent were Rob and Marc. We also had two guests join us for the afternoon session, Nick and Linus from Bulk Beef Jerky.
- This was Pete’s first meeting, welcome Pete. He introduced himself and told us a bit of his journey as founder of Bulk Beef Jerky.
- We discussed what might put you out of business and what you can do now to defend against that. Don’t let a flock of geese take you down.
Some ideas were:
- Do an insurance audit
- Retain an HR consultant
- Have a defense attorney ready if needed
- Transfer your assets to a trust
- Have a PR firm ready if needed
- Have adequate cash on hand for the next recession
- Matt gave us a presentation on PXL Agency (thank you Matt for hosting and feeding us)
- We processed Tin’s issue of hiring and retaining top talent
- We discussed bonus plans
Tim McCarthy let us on a journey through the CXO’s Marketing Tool Kit We learned that the Five Immutable Laws of Effective & Efficient Marketing are:
- Focus on your list first
- Create a compelling offer in 8-15 words
- Create compelling but clear creative
- Put 1 2 and 3 in a flywheel that manufactures customers
- USE BCG matrix to allocate marketing and sales dollars
- The trust attorney I use is: Steve Driscoll in Irvine: firstname.lastname@example.org (714) 540-2800
- Tim’s Book recommendation: Permission Marketing by Seth Godin